UNTURNED launches onto PS4 and Xbox One November 12, 2020
Hey everyone! We’ve got some news we know many of you have been waiting for. 505 Games and FunLabs are excited to announce that the open-world zombie survival sandbox game UNTURNED will be coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on November 12th, 2020.
Sooner than you thought, right? Here’s what you can expect from the console edition…
UNTURNED is created by Smartly Dressed Games, a studio launched by Canadian developer and game designer Nelson Sexton. UNTURNED is an open-world survival sandbox game where players assume the role of a survivor, dropped into the zombie-infested ruins of modern day society, and must work with friends and forge alliances to remain among the living. Players must search out supplies such as clothes, food and weapons, as well as scavenge for resources like wood and metal to create strongholds and defences to fend off the zombie horde. Survivors must also keep an eye on their health by finding food and water as well as checking on radiation levels. Getting hit by a zombie or entering ‘deadzones’ without the proper hazmat protection will have an impact on their health. As they progress through the game, players can earn experience points that can be used to upgrade their character improving their chance of survival!
KEY CONSOLE FEATURES
A significant amount of development work has gone into bringing UNTURNED to console, including a redesigned camera system, enhanced physics and graphics as well as specific console controller support to improve the player experience.
• Massive maps – Explore up to 8 sandbox maps by traveling by land, air, and sea
• Craft – Create your equipment and structures from supplies you collect
• Power up – Upgrade skills in three categories: Offense, Defence, Support
• Customise – Avatars can be fully cosmetically personalised
• Multiplayer – Brave zombies and other foes alone or team up with friends
• Split Screen – Play locally with a friend in split-screen mode
• Compete or ally – Attempt to form alliances with other players or take out all the competition
Private servers are free of charge for all players, so anyone can create their own persistent server where they can play with their friends only or open it up to anyone in the community. Speaking of buddying up with friends, local hosting and split screen functionality mean you won’t have to face the undead alone.
UNTURNED will be available digitally worldwide for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, priced at £19.99GBP/€24.99EUR/$24.99USD, from the PlayStation Store and Microsoft Store.